Sunday, August 21, 2011

OMG! A Blog!

Holy Frijoles: NVD has a blog. 

I've been considering this since MySpace lost all of its charm, and I must say I'm not too terribly enamored of the blog-ability of Facebook.  Beside that fact, it's always bothered me that both Vin Diesel and Not Vin Diesel both have Facebook pages.  It just doesn't seem right.

So I started a blog.  Vin doesn't have one; I do.  All is right in the universe once again.

Speaking of universes, I was recently watching some old episodes of Star Trek: Voyager (which is what I do when I'm not gearing up for the next Riddick installment).  As I watched, a pattern began to emerge. I believe (and forgive me if I begin to sound as acerbic as The Doctor) I have created a formula, if you will, of a standard Voyager episode.  This formula should allow anybody - even a Ferengi - to generate their own unique Voyager episodes.

  1. Captain Janeway really wants a cup of coffee, but she's out of replicator rations for the week.
  2. Harry Kim announces that they have found: a) a new civilization with hostile intent; b) a planet that just might have foodstuffs they can harvest; c) a spacial anomaly that just might turn out to be a wormhole that leads to the Delta quadrant; d) the Borg.
  3. Neelix cooks up something bizarre that is either much enjoyed or repeatedly spit out by the crew.
  4. Tom Paris cracks a joke.
  5. Chakotay reminisces with a somewhat-relevant story from his days in the Maquis.
  6. The Doctor makes a snide comment.
  7. Janeway calls a meeting of the senior officers.
  8. Somehow, the crisis is averted.
  9. Janeway replicates a cup of coffee anyway.
For later season episodes, insert Seven of Nine stalking around in a catsuit and trying to assimilate people. 

Or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment